About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who is a good economist or ecological economist? What makes a good economist?

I think that a good economist is a someone who has profound insights into how human economy works. Someone who really understand the mechanism of economy. Whoelse can be? Creativity in modeling seems a key to be a good economist. Ability in econometric analysis? It is necessary, but it does not provide any insight.

In history, without any doubt Keynes is the best economist. Among current economists, I admire Paul Krugman because of his insights and his participation in social issues. I would like to hear what you think.

No comments: