About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Observation of conventions

US presidential election race is heating up. In the desperate hope that we can beat the war criminal, George W Bush at this time, I am watching carefully the race. I watched national conventions of two parties. Here is key words that summarize my observation of the two conventions.

Democratic National Convention

  • Party! (literally)
  • American Dream and Promise
  • Party unity
  • Hillary, the big-heart
  • Kennedy, the legend
  • Yes, we can!
  • Change
  • Diverse delegates
  • Universal health care
  • What we can do for unprivilaged people?

Republican National Convention

  • Fight, fight, fight
  • Jerry Springer family of vice president candidate
  • Desperate house wife or Pit bull
  • McCain, the lost
  • Another Bush
  • Grandpa, grandma delegates
  • No African-, Asian- American delegates
  • RNC Definition of American= White, old & rich people
  • Anti-war protests outside RNC
  • How to protect our own interest?

In particular, the surprise pick of Republican vice president really entertained me. I didn't think that this kind of drama was possible in the US; I have seen many in Korea. John McCain must need shockers to revive his dying out campaign. But this package was too much.

Yes, you can call me democrat. I would be happy to be branded that way if I can punish the war criminal. Dear American friends, you should know that how this president deceived you to the unjustified war, and you have to change it.

No comments: