About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Season opener, 18" smallmouth bass!

Finally I caught season opener bass. Nowadays, I cannot afford a fishing trip, so I went to a spot near my apartment for 30 minutes of casting. After 20 minutes of casting, I caught this one right in front of my foot. Smallies are near to bank at this time. I could not enjoy much of fighting. It seems perfect season opening!



While fishing, I saw carp jumping around me. I thought that carp is inactive at this time of year, but they were active at the Hudson river. I also saw couple of striped bass fishing boats. They are here! Oh well, probably after my defense in May, I can go striper fishing. I hope they stick around for longer this year.

More pictures:

No comments: