About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Another surprise catch: 15" walleye on topwater lure

What's going on? Up side down in waters? I caught 15" walleye on top water lure this evening (about 7:15pm/high tide/mildly turbid water). I had caught walleye on my bucktail jig before, but never expected to catch one on top water lure. Strange... I forgot my camera, duh... Walleye is slick fish. Ah, actually, walleye motivated me to start fishing: I heard that walleye was tasty fish and wanted to eat it. Unfortunately, I have not cooked it yet. Hopefully soon. It is hard to find clean water which has walleye.

I happened to meet Kurt, birdwatching pastor at the shore. He was taking pictures of four new-born peregrine falcon. It is my joy to watch this awesome bird flying high while fishing.

No comments: