About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Brown Trout

When: 07/13/2005
Where: Butternut Creek
How: bobber+sinker rig with night crawler

I didn't expect much. Trout is very weary and likes cold water. It was a humid and warm summer night. I was casting into Butternut creek right below Jamesville reservoir dam. It was boring task, actually. Mosquitoes were quite active. Finally, I got a bite. It was a small brown trout! I heard that Brown trout is rather more resistant warm weather than other trout species. At home, I cleaned and grilled it. It was perfect with beer at hot summer night.

No comments: