About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Snapping Turtle, by-catch...


When: May 28th, 2005
Where: Muskrat Bay at Oneida Lake
How: By catch

To be honest, this snapping turtle was my first catch. I fished with simple bobber-sinker rig, and somehow this turtle was caught on my line. It was already badly entangled by other lines. It was tough to get rid of the lines and release it. When you are snagged, please try to recover as much line as you can. Abandoned line can kill many creatures including birds.

No comments: