About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Meeting with advisor (5/30): SDA

1. Basics of Structural Decomposition Analysis (SDA)
I wrote up the basics of SDA, which is available at http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddfmw3gd_10g33nbhhp. Now, I feel much confident about SDA.

But, still I am not fully sure about decomposition of final demand. Why did they use sum of final demand of each commodity? Isn't sum of final demand always equal to total final demand? I found that there is difference between summing result of each final demand and total final demand. But it was small and looked like a result from rounding error.

2. Next Goal
I have done a SDA practice with 7 sector I-O tables. I presented sources of change in intermediate output increase. Now, I will try SDA of total energy consumption change with hybrid I-O tables.

From now on, I will also focus on ISEE conference paper, topic of which is different from what I will do for my dissertation.

No comments: