About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Shad


I caught my first Shad. It was a surprise catch. I was casting Sabiki rig for Herring. Suddenly, I felt strong resistance at my rod tip. I have heard that shad gives awesome fight, but it was even better than I guessed. It was even bigger than I thought. Wow! After taking a picture, I released it. Currently, there is state wide ban on shad fishing. Because shad population has significantly decreased. Last year, I didn't catch any. I guess, thanks to the ban, I might catch my first shad this year.

No comments: