About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

[Webinar series] The Challenge of Getting to 350

I watched new webinar serise about global climate change, which United States Society of Ecological Economics (USSEE) sponsors. Today's speaker was Jonathan Isham Jr., who is an Associate Professor of Economics and Environmental Studies at Middlebury College. His presentation title was "On Accelerating Large Scale Clean-Energy and Carbon-Sequestration Solutions from 2010 to 2020." He emphasized fundamental change in power and sense of community as a solution.

Next speaker is Michael Woolcock, who is a senior social scientist with the World Bank's Development Research Group, and the title is "Solutions when the Solution is the Problem: Reflections on the Analytics, Politics and Practice of Getting to 350." It will be broadcated at http://thesolutionsjournal.com/seminarserieslive at 11:30-12:45 (EST) February 2, 2010.

I could not find the list of speakers for this year. I guess the webinar serise is weekly event.

No comments: