About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blue Crab in the Hudson

Weeks ago, I picked up a shell of crab. I have seen small crab shells at the Hudson shores, but this was relatively large. I measured it (12cm/5 inches) and took a picture of it in order to identify it at home. To my surprise, it turned out that the shell was Blue crab's. I didn't know that there are Blue crabs in the Hudson river. NYSDEC does even have a tagging program of the crab. I am not sure if crabbing is allowed in Troy dam section, but it must be nice to watch live Blue crab crawling around in the shallow water. Well, why lie... Yes, I want to catch and steam them to eat. Crabs are so yummy. If the river is not polluted with PCB, I might have started crabbing right away.

No comments: