About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2010 Troy striped bass trounament results

Striped bass tournament was held in Troy on Saturday, May 15th. Unfortunately I was out of town on the day, and I could watch or participate the tourney. I saw an article about it on Troy Record: because it was windy, results were disappointing. Here is a list of winners:

1st place Robert Hicks
  • 17.88 pound, 33 and ¾ inches
  • a 3 oz jig on a 10 foot rod (I saw many using this tactic near the Troy dam. I have not seen anyone catching striper in this way, but clearly it works. Casting 3 oz jig is a back-breaking job though)
  • from the shore at at 8 a.m
2nd place Brian Atchinson
  • 16.76 pound
3rd place Beth Dare (first ever female ranked in the competition)
  • 16.22 pounds, 33.5 inches
No 20 pounders this year. Last year, the tourney was held early May. They may need schedule it back to earlier time next year.

No comments: