About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dardevle

When I was fishing, I found something shiny at the shore, Darevle spoon lure! It seems that the spoon has been there for a long time. Hook and split shot are gone, but amazingly spoon itself is rust free (as its manufacturer, Eppinger, advertises). You can find the indication of devil's head, which is the symbol of product.



On the back,

"DARDEVLE"
DETROIT
U.S.A.

are stamped. Is there anyone can tell how old this spoon is from the stamp?



My first impression was that it is heavier than other copy cat spoons. As a matter of fact, I have not fished often with spoons, although I have a set of cheap fake spoons, which have never produced fish to me. This original Daredevle makes me re-think about spoon.



Here is a side view. I may give a shot with this spoon. It became really warm here, and fish moved down to bottom. Top and mid water didn't produce at all yesterday. After changing to tube on 1/8 jig head, I could caught three: 11.5 and 14.5 smallies, and small rockbass.

No comments: