About "Catch & Research"

Welcome. I found my passion in ecological economics and fishing. They are all about pursuit of unknown and uncertain objects. I always enjoy the seemingly reckless pursuit itself. This blog is a record of my long journey in research and fishing. Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Left-Fined or Right-Fined?

I found one thing strange while fishing with swimbait this season. All bass that I caught were hooked at left side of mouth (see the picture below at "Deep Throat"). It means that when bass bite the lure, they tilt their body to swallow it easier. But why always right side down? Does it mean that bass are left-fined or right-fined? Not sure which way. But it seems clear they always prefer right side down. When you catch one next time with swimbait, please take a look where it was hooked.

No comments: